This is a recipe I make all the time for my family. I also, have made it several times for different occasions and it always turns out to be a big success. This is a sweet and tangy BBQ, that is sure to be enjoyed by all.
* one 3lb boneless shoulder roast or substitute it for a 3lb boneless loin roast for a lower fat BBQ, trimmed
*1 package of McCormick Slow Cookers BBQ pulled pork
*1/2 cup ketchup
*1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (I like dark brown sugar for a sweeter BBQ)
*1/3 cup cider vinegar (apple cider vinegar taste the best to me)
*I also sometimes add a little Worcestershire sauce to give it a punch of flavor
* your favorite BBQ sauce to add while cooking or after whichever is desired
1. Place pork in slow cooker (make sure your slow cooker is turned on, forgot this step a few times)
2. Mix Seasoning Mix, ketchup, brown sugar, (Worcestershire and BBQ sauce if desired) and vinegar until well blended. Pour over pork. Put on lid.
3. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. After cooking is finished remove pork from slow cooker.
4. Shred pork, using 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; mix and heat with sauce before serving. Serve on sandwich rolls or slider rolls, if you take a liking to.
Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove lid cover during cooking.